Tuesday, March 5, 2013

words.

Hawk Nelson's song "Words" is one of my new favorites! The lyrics have stuck with my since the first time I heard it, and it has been serving as that classic, but oh-so-important reminder for me to "always think before you speak."
My favorite line of the song is: "I don't wanna say a word, 
unless it points the world back you to.
Perfect, right?
Always remember how powerful your words are, my friends! 
A simple word can make or break a person's whole day.


They've made me feel like a prisoner // They've made me feel set free // They've made me feel like a criminal // Made me feel like a king // They've lifted my heart // To places I'd never been // And they've dragged me down // Back to where I began // Words can build you up // Words can break you down // Start a fire in your heart or put it out // Let my words be life // Let my words be truth // I don't wanna say a word // Unless it points the world back to you // You can heal the heartache // Speak over the fear // God, Your voice is the only thing // We need to hear // Let the words I say // Be the sound of your grace // I wanna speak Your love // Not just another noise // Oh, I wanna be Your light // I wanna be your voice // Words can build us up // Words can break us down // Start a fire in our heart // Or put it out // I don't wanna say a word // Unless it points the world back to You

No comments:

Post a Comment