Thursday, February 21, 2013

little details.

When I think about growing up and friends going their own separate ways in life, it makes me sad. Of course I am happy for success, but I like traditions, I really love my friends, and I don't usually prefer change.
It is something I need to work on. 

Anyways, since I have been in a little funk this week, I've decided to write about what has made me happy lately. There are so many small blessings that surround us every day, and when we take the time to acknowledge them, it makes such a difference! 









1. Sift cupcakes are truly the best. Sift won Cupcake Wars on Food Network a couple years ago, and their cupcakes are incredible. It is so fun having this hidden gem in a teeny town right next to SSU. 2. A special delivery from a special boy on Valentine's day. I get flowers even when he is all the way in Paris! Such a blessing. 3. Ovaltine with my sister while we were home this weekend. Nothing beats a glass of chocolate milk right before bed—no matter how old we are! 4. Vegetarian burrito with black beans, corn, and zucchini. I feel so great when I make a healthy meal that is simply delicious! 5. A wedding shower with family friends who we haven't seen in years! 6. Caramelized bananas. A little brown sugar, butter, and a banana makes for a {semi} healthy dessert. 7. Letters from the best pen-pal in the world. Give this girl a poster board and it still wouldn't be enough room for her. She even wrote on the outside AND inside of the envelope. She's such an amazing friend!

What are some of the small blessings in your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment