Tuesday, January 29, 2013

cookie butter banana milkshake

    I've always been a huge peanut butter fan. 
I eat peanut butter on toast, apples, hershey bars {I know...} off of spoons, on tortillas, celery, pretzels...pretty much anything. 
I usually go through 5-6 jars a semester {No joke.}
But during my first trip to Trader Joe's this semester, for whatever reason, I skipped the PB and went for the cookie butter. 
I have been eating this delicious, gingerbread-y, graham-cracker-ish {it's hard to explain...just know it's pretty amazing}
spread on bananas.
My bananas started to go bad, so I had to act fast. I guess I work well under pressure, because I thought up this little concoction...

1/2 banana, sliced
2 tbsp. cookie butter
1/3 c. milk
6 ice cubes


Throw it all in a blender, and voila! It's simple, but oh-so-good! I am honestly just proud of my genius idea...I saved my bananas and made a delicious, and semi-healthyish treat! 
Okay, so calling it healthy is quite a stretch.
But we all need to indulge once in awhile, right? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment